Genre

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Old Guy Arrives at His Final Destination

***

To himself: 'Bout as hot as Harlingen.  Or maybe downtown Dallas.

Hey! How'r ya doin'?  Yessir.  And do we say, uh, Mr. ...Lucifer?   Is that it? or is that right, sir?

Yass, well.  Quite a place you have here.  Not just anyone can come in, if I understand correctly.  Oh no, not just anybody.  I mean, am I right?

You know, it took a long time to climb that big ol' mountain.  At the last stop, I mean to say.  What's the name? Purr...?  You know what I mean?  That cloudy, dull mountain island.  Where was that?  Scandinavia?

And you couldn't rest much, oh no, oh no no no.  Keep on plugging away.  I had my say about that part, I'm telling you.  Yes, I told 'em what's fair and what's not.  They didn't get it.  No sense of Justice, if you follow me.

And, yes AND... it sure seemed like we were going up.   Up., you know?  on the mountains stairs?  And now, I mean, well.  Now, one has the sense we're down - I mean - down... low.  Am I right?

Surprised?  You mean me, was I surprised?  Well, let's say this: were you surprised when you got your orders?

Hello? 

Yikes!

***

No comments:

Post a Comment